Great Labs for Home & Field
Marble Mountain Kennels breeds for six specific traits:
1. Superior Intelligence
4. Natural Pointing Instinct
2. Terrific Personalities
5. Superb Looks
3. Outstanding Hunting Desire
6. Proven Pedigrees
MMKennels News Update 2/10/16
Happy February, everyone! Pete and Julie will be out of the office and out of reach via telephone and email from February 11-29. (We are in Panama and Costa Rica meeting with Christian camp directors, touring camps, and doing some fun rafting, hiking, etc.) Julie's parents are housesitting for us and taking care of our kids. (Thanks, Mom and Dad!) Our kennel managers and trainers, John and Sawyer, are taking care of all our dogs. (Thank you, John and Sawyer!)
Thank you for visiting our website! Feel free to browse our "Frequently Asked Questions" page to see if we have already answered some of your questions, but we welcome your emails and phone calls too. And visit us on Facebook!
- Future Puppies: Our "Litters" page was updated on 2/10/16 so you can get a better idea of what litters we are expecting throughout this year. for upcoming litters. If you are unsure of exactly what you're looking for in a dog, please consider filling out a Puppy Preference Survey. Whether or not you decide to send it to us, we believe you will find it helpful in your decision making process.
- Joey x Maybell Pups: Eight pups were born on January 22nd. There are 5 females and 3 males.
- MMKennels Blog: We try to post new blogs the first of every month. This month's blog explains the process in which our clients choose their Marble Mountain Kennels puppies.
- How can I get first or second pick of a litter? We get this question all the time, so please visit our "Frequently Asked Questions" page and scroll down to the section "How does MMK determine the picking order?" for more information.
Our prices are as follows, based on demand for color and gender:
- Black and yellow males are $1200.
- Chocolate and red males are $1400.
- Black and yellow females are $1400.
- Chocolate and red females are $1600.
Our Adoption Process
- If you are thinking about adopting a Lab puppy, but are still debating what exactly you want in a dog, we highly recommend that you print and fill out our "Puppy Preference Survey." You don't necessarily need to send it to us, but it may help you in making a decision and it could come in handy when we have any future conversations with you.
- Look over our "Litters" page to see which litter might best fit your desires and needs. When you're ready to discuss your preferences, please give us a call or email us.
- Finally, when you're ready to reserve a puppy, you can click on this Reservation Form link, print it, fill it out, and send it to us with your $250 deposit check so we can reserve a puppy for you.
- Important Note: Please make sure you are very clear on your reservation form as to what you want in a dog, i.e. very calm, a dog with strong hunt drive, color, gender, etc. Also, please choose an additional backup litter to your first choice, just in case you don't get your puppy in the first litter. (But also know that, if your puppy does not materialize in a litter, you have the option of having your deposit refunded to you. Please see our GUARANTEE, RESERVATIONS & POLICY.)
Other Marble Mountain Kennels Programs
BASIC OBEDIENCE TRAINING: Our "Super Citizen" puppy training program is growing in popularity. We like to recommend this 6-week "boot camp" for young pups so that you don't have the hassle of crate training or housebreaking your puppy from 8 weeks of age to 14 weeks of age. We crate train pups and teach basic manners, such as "sit," "sit/stay," "here," "kennel" (which means into or onto any designated surface, such as a crate, pillow, blanket, etc.), "off" (for not jumping up), and "down" for lie down. Find out more and view videos of training on our "TRAINING" page.
GUN DOG TRAINING: Whether or not you have adopted a dog from our kennel, we can train your dog and offer varying levels of gun dog training. Please see our "Training Page" or talk with Pete for more information.
STUD SERVICE: We offer stud services for Banks (chocolate), Goliath (black), Josiah (yellow), Fisher (chocolate), and Yukon (chocolate). Please view our Stud Dog Breeding Sires page and call Pete at 530-598-1527 to discuss stud fees, canine dispositions, etc.
STARTED DOGS: We regret that we currently have no started dogs available as of January 2015. We are so back-logged on training client dogs that we might recommend that, in order for you to get a started dog from us, you should either 1) purchase a puppy from us and bring him/her back to us to train or 2) bring us your own personal dog for us to train. Regarding any possible future started dogs, keep checking back with us or email Pete at email@example.com.
SCENT DETECTION: Unfortunately, we have temporarily suspended our canine scent detection training program until we can hire a new trainer. We're just too busy training other dogs right now.
Have questions? Visit our FAQ Page.