Great Labs for Home & Field
Marble Mountain Kennels breeds for six specific traits:
1. Superior Intelligence
4. Natural Pointing Instinct
2. Terrific Personalities
5. Superb Looks
3. Outstanding Hunting Desire
6. Proven Pedigrees
MMKennels News Update 10/9/15
- Thank you for visiting our website! We welcome your emails and phone calls. Please also feel free to visit our FAQ page to see if we have already answered some of your questions.
- Puppy Pictures: We finally have photos of some of our pups-in-training (Stryder, Sadie and Baylee trained by Julie) uploaded to our website for those owners who have been waiting patiently. We also have photos of puppies in Delta's, Kate's and Rio's litters. You can view all of these puppies on our "Puppy Pictures" page. Don't forget to click over to individual litter pages for links to videos too.
- Chocolate Puppy Availability: Chocolate puppies are our number one top seller and females usually sell faster than males. If you want a chocolate female and you look over the number of reservations on chocolate litters, it may look like reservations are full. However, keep in mind that Pete always reserves the 1st and 2nd male and female of any color in a litter. He does this so that, if there is ever the possibility that we cannot sell a puppy or two, he is only "stuck" with his favorites. After we sell all other puppies in a litter, he usually sells his favorites, if someone is interested. Also, a number of clients are double-booked on two different litters, so if they get the puppy they want in their first choice litter, they drop out of the second litter, which means you could move up in the picking order. If you want a chocolate male pup, your chances are always a little higher. If you're still trying to decide between a male or female pup, we answer gender-related questions on our FAQ page (about halfway down the page). For our currently available chocolate pups, see our Yukon x Kate and Fisher x Delta litters.
- Yellow & Black Puppy Availability: For those of you looking for black and yellow pups, we have a few litters with these colors available. See Rooster x Willow, Banks x Rio, and Yukon x Kate.
- Chocolate & Yellow Pups: There are still 2 chocolate males and 1 yellow female available in our Fisher x Delta litter born 9/25/15.
- Ruby whelped her pups on 9/20/15! ALL PUPS ARE SOLD.
- FAQ... We've been getting these questions a lot lately: 1) Which is better--a female or male dog? 2) If I adopt two dogs, should they both be the same gender? 3) If I adopt two dogs, should they be from the same litter? 4) Which gender is easier to train, a male or female dog? These questions and more are answered on our "Frequently Asked Questions" page.
- For puppies available this month and beyond, please see our Litter Page.
"Super Citizen" Basic Puppy Training!
Our "Super Citizen" puppy training program is growing in popularity. We like to recommend this 6-week "boot camp" for young pups so that you don't have the hassle of crate training or housebreaking your puppy from 8 weeks of age to 14 weeks of age. We crate train pups and teach basic manners, such as "sit," "sit/stay," "here," "kennel" (which means into or onto any designated surface, such as a crate, pillow, blanket, etc.), "off" (for not jumping up), and "down" for lie down. Find out more and view videos of training on our "TRAINING" page.
How do I pick out and reserve a puppy?
How our puppy picking process works is our #1 most frequently asked question. Here's a direct link to the detailed answer on our FAQ Page.
Do you already know you want to reserve a puppy in a future litter? Cut to the chase by clicking over to our Printable Puppy Reservation & Policy Form.
- Puppy Pricing: We list our prices on every litter page, but in general they are $1400 for females and $1300 for males. MMK always reserves first pick ($200 more) and second pick ($100 more) of each litter (male and female). Once all puppies are reserved of a gender, MMK often makes its puppies available to clients.
- STUD SERVICE: We offer stud services for Banks (chocolate), Goliath (black), Josiah (yellow), Fisher (chocolate), and Yukon (chocolate). Please view our Stud Dog Breeding Sires page and call Pete at 530-598-1527 to discuss stud fees, canine dispositions, etc.
- GUN DOG TRAINING: Whether or not you have adopted a dog from our kennel, we can train your dog and offer varying levels of gun dog training. Please see our "Training Page" or talk with Pete for more information.
STARTED DOGS: We regret that we currently have no started dogs available as of January 2015. We are so back-logged on training client dogs that we might recommend that, in order for you to get a started dog from us, you should either 1) purchase a puppy from us and bring him/her back to us to train or 2) bring us your own personal dog for us to train. Regarding any possible future started dogs, keep checking back with us or email Pete at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DETECTION: Unfortunately, we are temporarily suspending our detection dog training program until we can hire a new trainer. We're just too busy training other dogs right now.
Link to our GUARANTEE, RESERVATIONS & POLICY
Have questions? Visit our FAQ Page.