Great Labs for Home & Field
Marble Mountain Kennels breeds for six specific traits:
- Superior Intelligence
- Terrific Personalities
- Outstanding Hunting Desire
- Natural Pointing Instinct
- Superb Looks
- Proven Pedigrees
MMKennels News & Notes
- Note on our Penny litter of yellow pups: Just today (7/25/14) we had a customer call to tell us that she is experiencing some family difficulties and she is unable to adopt her yellow female pup from this litter. We are so sorry for whatever is happening in this woman's life, but we want you to know that there is now 1 last yellow puppy available for adoption in this Joey x Penny Litter and we'd love to find a loving home for her as soon as possible.
- JULY 22nd NOTE from PETE: Puppies, Puppies and More Puppies! Our females just broke a new record! We have never had so many puppies at one time, but we're working hard to meet the increasing demand for our high-quality Labs. Two new litters arrived on July 22, 2014 giving us 41 puppies to adopt out in the next 2 months. Fortunately, 2/3 of the homes are already arranged, but if you would like a black or yellow puppy the time is now to check out these litters. We have both males and females available, but you need to act quickly. Plus we have another very nice chocolate litter due to be born in two weeks – Aug. 10, 2014. Read more at Pete's BLOG.
- We added a lot more photos and videos of puppies on 7/24/12, so be sure to check out the LITTERS page and the litters that have been born, as well as our PUPPY PICTURES page!
- See more information about our puppies on our "Upcoming Litters" page.
- How does your puppy picking process work? It's our #1 most frequently asked question. Here's a direct link to the detailed answered on our FAQ Page.
- Do you already know you want to reserve a puppy? Cut to the chase by clicking over to our Printable Puppy Reservation & Policy Form.
Puppy Pricing: We list our prices on every litter page, but in general they are $1300 for females and $1200 for males, unless you want first pick of the litter.
Trained Dog Pricing: Our older, trained dogs have been selling faster than expected, so if you want an older dog, let us know before we're sold out. If you want an older, obedience-trained companion dog or started hunting dog, please contact Pete at 530-598-1527. The pricing varies according to how much training we've put into each dog. To view our older dogs (green/untrained, obedience-trained, or started hunting), please view our Started & Other Adult Dogs for Sale page.
Marble Mountain Kennel News & Information
- Why we're planning to stay where we are: Find out in our latest BLOG.
(In the photo to the left, Pete and I are the ones standing beside each other, wearing light-colored shirts.)
- "Super Citizen" Basic Puppy Training: This aspect of our business has really grown over the past year. If you want more information about how we can train your puppy right from 8 weeks of age to whatever level you want, please visit our Training webpage for more information and call or email us to discuss the details of what you want for your puppy. One key aspect of our training is that almost our entire family takes turns training each puppy every day, at least 2-3 times per day, so they easily adapt to taking commands from multiple handlers--even kids! This means that, by the time you pick up your puppy, he/she should be ready to take commands from you readily, without hesitation. It has worked with numerous puppies and owners. (At some point I'll post some videos of our kids training puppies. This will help in the future if and when you forget a command or how to execute a command and need a quick refresher.)
- Our Puppies Support Charities: We have found over the years that when we donate a puppy to a charity auction, the pups are a big hit and there are smiles all around as puppy buyers and charities reap tremendous rewards. Our next charitable event is the Bay Area "Children's Health Guild" Masquerade Ball on May 31st, where two of our pups will be available for auction. To view some of the charities that have benefited from MMKennels donations, click on our About Our Kennel page and scroll down to the bottom. We thank you, our clients, for supporting our business and giving us the opportunity to help others in such a fun way!
- Wildlife Conservation: We have a love, respect and appreciation for all animals, and we do our part to ensure the preservation of natural wildlife habitats. As gun dog trainers and handlers we are, of course, involved in the protection of various types of upland and waterfowl, but we've also become more involved in training our dogs to sniff out various species of plants and animals. The use of conservation detection dogs is proving to be a vital tool for conservation biologists and we are happy to help! If you are conducting field research and need help locating plants or animals in the wild, we have dogs that are ready and waiting to be trained and adopted into your family. With a few plant or scat samples we can train a dog to sniff out and locate the flora, fauna, or animal you need to locate. Occasionally we test, hand-select, and procure mixed-breed dogs from local animal shelters and pounds for our detection training program. We train only the most tractable and intelligent dogs, so you're always getting a good quality working dog, whether you choose a mixed breed or one of our own AKC-registered Labrador Retrievers. (Mixed breeds cost less than AKC Labs, if cost is an issue for you.) For more information on the pricing of these dogs, how we train, length of training times, and what type of training you need, please contact Julie at . To view the dogs we currently have available and ready to train for you, please click over to our Marble Mountain Detection Dogs website.
- STUD SERVICE: Marble Mountain Kennels recently procured two new stud dogs to add to our three. We now own and are currently offering stud services for Banks (chocolate), Major (chocolate), Goliath (black), Josiah (yellow) and Lake (chocolate). Please view our Stud Dog Breeding Sires page and call Pete at 530-598-1527 to discuss stud fees, canine dispositions, etc.
- GUN DOG TRAINING: Whether or not you have adopted a dog from our kennel, we can train your dog and offer varying levels of gun dog training. Please see our "Training Page" or talk with Pete for more information. We're getting a lot more calls for training since the International Sportsman's Expo and we're able to take more dogs into our training program at this time. Please call Pete at 530-598-1527.
- STARTED DOGS: We currently have yellow male Labs available as started dogs. Each one is at a different level of training, so their prices vary. We also have other adult dogs available. Call or email Pete: 530-598-1527 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See our Started Dogs Page for more information.
- DETECTION: We have "green" and trained detection dogs available for viewing on our Marble Mountain Detection Dogs website. Two dogs (2 rescues) have been trained to detect bed bugs.
- Link to our GUARANTEE, RESERVATIONS & POLICY
Have questions? Visit our FAQ Page.