Great Labs for Home & Field
Marble Mountain Kennels breeds for six specific traits
1. Superior Intelligence
4. Natural Pointing Instinct
2. Terrific Personalities
5. Superb Looks
3. Outstanding Hunting Desire
6. Proven Pedigrees
MMKennels News Update 2/15/17 - 3/7/17
NOTICE: Pete and Julie will be out of town on a trip to Costa Rica, where we are working with Campamento Roblealto from February 15 - March 7. John and Sawyer will be holding down the fort while we're away, taking care of dogs and puppies. Colin will be answering phone calls and emails: email@example.com; 317-292-6690.
Thank you for visiting our website! Feel free to browse our "Frequently Asked Questions" page to see if we have already answered some of your questions.
Puppies Available & Upcoming Litters
- We may still have chocolate puppies available in our Yukon x Valdez litter born February 10th. Please give our Puppy Adoption Specialist, Colin McClosky, a call or email him to discuss reserving a puppy in our Valdez litter or one of our upcoming litters (for a chocolate, black or yellow puppy): 317-292-6690 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please ask us about our upcoming black, yellow and chocolate litters. We are currently breeding for litters that will be ready to adopt in May and June. We will have those litters up on our website shortly.
Eagle X Yukon Puppies Still Available
Red Collar Female and Grey Collar Male
To see more images of these two please click this link. Eagle X Yukon Puppies
Blogs & Videos
- We have a blog posted for February 2017 about how to train your puppy to lie down (which is also about introducing your puppy to a leash).
- Since we won't be here the first of March, we are are also pre-releasing our March blog, titled, "Socializing Young Puppies." Enjoy!
- Watch videos of puppies, dogs, family, etc. on our "Videos Page".
Our Adoption Process
- Whether you are merely making an inquiry or actually reserving a puppy in an upcoming litter, fill out our questionnaire, which we call a Puppy Preference Form, as a Word document (which we prefer) or the same Puppy Preference Form as a PDF document (if your are unable to use the Word format).
- Scan or take a photo of your completed Puppy Preference Form and a photo of your deposit check for $300 and send these to our puppy adoption specialist, Colin, at email@example.com. (You can also call him at 317-292-6690.)
- Your emailed deposit check holds your puppy for you for up to 10 days. To finalize a sale, please send the hard copies of your check and/or puppy preference form to us at Marble Mountain Kennels, P.O. Box 159, Greenview CA 96037. If we do not receive a hard copy of your check and reservation within 10 days of receiving your emailed photo version, we will remove your name from the litter or litters you selected.
- NOTE: Deposits are non-refundable, but can be transferred to a future litter if desired. (Deposits can be refunded, however, if the puppy you reserved in litter after litter does not materialize.)
Our prices are as follows, based on current demand for colors and genders:
- Black and yellow males are $1400.
- Chocolate and red males are $1600.
- Black and yellow females are $1600.
- Chocolate and red females are $1800.
- Our New Kennel! We are still so happy with our new kennel building! (See photo above.) What a blessing it is to have plenty of room for dogs and puppies.
- Important Pet Health Caution: We have been informed that rosemary extract is used in a lot of pet foods as a preservative. Rosemary extract is allegedly a neurotoxin that can cause seizures, neurological problems and anemia in pets. This extract is commonly used in pet foods labeled "all natural." There is no scientific research or definitive evidence linking rosemary extract to seizures and other health problems, but we shared that a client's 2 dogs were having seizures and when she stopped feeding them food with rosemary extract their seizures stopped (and that was almost 2 years ago). Since we posted this notice earlier in 2016, we have gotten about a dozen reports from both clients and non-clients regarding their pets' recovery from seizures after removing rosemary extract from their diets! For more information, you can read this article at "The Dog Press" and other information available online.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get first or second pick of a litter? We get this question all the time, so please visit our "Frequently Asked Questions" page and scroll down to the section "How does MMK determine the picking order?" for more information.
- Our Guarantee & Policy: If your puppy does not materialize in your litter choices, you have the option of trying again on future litters or having your deposit refunded to you. If you have already adopted your puppy, deposits and payments are non-refundable, unless there is a serious health or behavior problem with your dog. In such cases, we must be informed within a specific time period. Please see our Guarantee, Reservations & Policy page for more information.
Marble Mountain Kennels Programs
BASIC OBEDIENCE "SUPER CITIZEN" TRAINING:
- "Kennel" which means go into and remain in a crate, onto a mat or pillow, or onto any designated place
- Crate Training (ability to sit quietly in a crate or other confined area, which is a first step in housebreaking, but NOT completed housebreaking)
- No jumping up
- No biting
- Not walking underfoot
- Heel (on & off leash) - IF PUPPY/DOG IS AT LEAST 4 MONTHS OLD (We find that the "heel" command is too negative for pups younger than 4 months of age.)
Find out more about training on our "TRAINING" page and view clips of training videos on our "VIDEOS" page. (If you scroll down to the bottom of the Videos page you can also view links to past litters of puppies for your viewing pleasure.)
GUN DOG TRAINING: Whether or not you have adopted a dog from our kennel, we can train your dog and offer varying levels of gun dog training. Please see our "Training Page" or talk with Pete for more information.
STUD SERVICE: We offer stud services for Banks (chocolate), Goliath (black), Josiah (yellow), Fisher (chocolate), and Yukon (chocolate). Please view our Stud Dog Breeding Sires page and contact us to discuss stud fees, canine dispositions, etc. The cost is $1,000.
STARTED DOGS: We regret that we currently have no started dogs available. We are so back-logged on training client dogs that we might recommend that, in order for you to get a started dog from us, you should either 1) purchase a puppy from us and bring him/her back to us to train or 2) bring us your own personal dog for us to train. Regarding any possible future started dogs, keep checking back with us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCENT DETECTION: Unfortunately, we have temporarily suspended our canine scent detection training program until we can hire a new trainer. We're too busy training other dogs right now.
Have questions? Visit our FAQ Page.