Great Labs for Home & Field
Marble Mountain Kennels breeds for six specific traits:
1. Superior Intelligence
4. Natural Pointing Instinct
2. Terrific Personalities
5. Superb Looks
3. Outstanding Hunting Desire
6. Proven Pedigrees
MMKennels News Update 8/22/16
Thank you for visiting our website! Feel free to browse our "Frequently Asked Questions"
page to see if we have already answered some of your questions. Visit us on Facebook
, as well.
- FYI: We are now officially out of town from August 20-31, taking one daughter (Cami) back to San Diego to live and work and taking a second daughter (Lexi) to college at Point Loma University. Our kennel managers, John and Sawyer, are caring for our dogs and kennel during our absence. If you want to schedule an appointment to visit us, our kennel, or puppies, please aim for a date after we return in September. Thanks!
- We get a lot of questions about using leashes vs. harnesses, so we have answered that question in this month's blog. Read about it on our "Marble Mountain Kennels Blog" page.
- Go to our "Litters" page to see YouTube videos of puppies. There are photos posted 8/4&5/16 on our "Pictures" page, as well.
- See videos taken 8/10/16 of Lexi and Pete training client puppies on our "Videos" page.
- Planning on adopting a puppy over the fall or winter holidays? We have good news for you! We were hoping we would have more litters available in early fall, but our mama dogs were slow to come into heat this summer, so we will have puppies ready to adopt between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
SALE PENDING: We currently have 1 chocolate female puppy available in our Yukon x Valdez litter. (See videos on the litter page.) She is Pete's 1st pick of the litter for $1600. She has a yellow collar and you can see pictures of her on our "Pictures" page. She was one of the smallest in the litter, but she scored very high marks on her "Puppy Profile" test, which means she'll make a great hunter and companion dog. She has a happy, spunky personality and exhibits signs of being very smart and easy to train. You'll see in the videos that she is the bold and vocal one with the yellow collar.
*NOTE: As most of you know already, we don't make Pete's picks of the litter available for adoption until after all other puppies are sold. Just in case we can't sell all puppies in a litter, he likes to be "stuck" with his favorites.
*Important Pet Health Caution: We have been informed that rosemary extract is used in a lot of pet foods as a preservative. Rosemary extract is allegedly a neurotoxin that can cause seizures, neurological problems and anemia in pets. This extract is commonly used in pet foods labeled "all natural." There is no scientific research or definitive evidence linking rosemary extract to seizures and other health problems, but a client's 2 dogs were having seizures and when she stopped feeding them food with rosemary extract their seizures stopped (and that was almost 2 years ago). For more information, you can read this article at "The Dog Press" and other information available online.
Our prices are as follows, based on current demand for colors and genders:
- Black and yellow males are $1200.
- Chocolate and red males are $1400.
- Black and yellow females are $1400.
- Chocolate and red females are $1600.
Our Adoption Process
2. Scan or take a photo of your completed survey and send it to my husband Pete at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. If you don't receive an email response from Pete within 4 days, call him at 530-598-1527 to talk with him about what you want in a dog. He will talk with you about our upcoming litters and which litter will best fit your needs.
4. Once you decide on which litter and puppy you want, print and fill out our Reservation Form
. Scan or take a photo of it and send it to my husband Pete at this email address: email@example.com. Take a picture of your deposit check for $250 and send that to him via email too. After that, send the hard copies of your reservation and check to us at Marble Mountain Kennels, PO Box 159, Greenview, CA 96037.
- How can I get first or second pick of a litter? We get this question all the time, so please visit our "Frequently Asked Questions" page and scroll down to the section "How does MMK determine the picking order?" for more information.
- Our Guarantee & Policy: If your puppy does not materialize in your litter choices, you have the option of trying again on future litters or having your deposit refunded to you. If you have already adopted your puppy, deposits and payments are non-refundable, unless there is a serious health or behavior problem with your dog. In such cases, we must be informed within a specific time period. Please see our Guarantee, Reservations & Policy page for more information.
Marble Mountain Kennels Programs
BASIC OBEDIENCE TRAINING: Our "Super Citizen" puppy training program is growing in popularity. We like to recommend this 6-week "boot camp" for young pups so that you don't have the hassle of crate training or housebreaking your puppy from 8 weeks of age to 14 weeks of age. We crate train pups and teach basic manners, such as "sit," "sit/stay," "here," "kennel" (which means into or onto any designated surface, such as a crate, pillow, blanket, etc.), "off" (for not jumping up), and "down" for lie down. Find out more about training on our "TRAINING" page and view clips of training videos on our "VIDEOS" page. (If you scroll down to the bottom of the Videos page you can also view links to past litters of puppies for your viewing pleasure.)
GUN DOG TRAINING: Whether or not you have adopted a dog from our kennel, we can train your dog and offer varying levels of gun dog training. Please see our "Training Page" or talk with Pete for more information.
STUD SERVICE: We offer stud services for Banks (chocolate), Goliath (black), Josiah (yellow), Fisher (chocolate), and Yukon (chocolate). Please view our Stud Dog Breeding Sires page and call Pete at 530-598-1527 to discuss stud fees, canine dispositions, etc.
STARTED DOGS: We regret that we currently have no started dogs available as of January 2015. We are so back-logged on training client dogs that we might recommend that, in order for you to get a started dog from us, you should either 1) purchase a puppy from us and bring him/her back to us to train or 2) bring us your own personal dog for us to train. Regarding any possible future started dogs, keep checking back with us or email Pete at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCENT DETECTION: Unfortunately, we have temporarily suspended our canine scent detection training program until we can hire a new trainer. We're too busy training other dogs right now.
Have questions? Visit our FAQ Page.