Great Labs for Home & Field
Marble Mountain Kennels breeds for six specific traits
1. Superior Intelligence
4. Natural Pointing Instinct
2. Terrific Personalities
5. Superb Looks
3. Outstanding Hunting Desire
6. Proven Pedigrees
Thank you for visiting our website! Feel free to browse our "Frequently Asked Questions" page to see if we have already answered some of your questions.
A special thanks to our many clients who faithfully send us the most darling Christmas cards each year! Merry Christmas!
MMKennels News Update 12/5/16
- We shot 14 puppy videos on 11/30/16. You can view them now on our YouTube channel or look for links to specific videos on individual "Litter" pages.
- We just found out that Julie's phone has not been receiving voicemail messages for the past month, so we apologize for not returning your phone calls. Verizon says they have remedied the problem, so we shall see....
- Our December blog is on the topic of crate training your puppy and debunking PETA's view on the subject.
We have puppies available for adoption!
- For black and yellow puppies, please contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-598-0943.
- For chocolate puppies, please contact Colin at 317-292-6690 or email@example.com.
- Click on the litter page links below to view YouTube videos of puppies for sale.
- We may have 1 or 2 yellow males in our Joey x Betty litter.
- We may have 1 yellow male & 1 yellow female in our Missy x Fisher litter.
- We may have 2 yellow males in our Goliath x Rio litter.
- We may have 2 dark yellow males and 1 dark yellow female available in our Tonka x Yale litter.
- Why don't we always answer our phones? We usually get compliments on how quickly and regularly we answer our phones, but there are times when we cannot. Sometimes we are on the line with other customers. On Mondays and Fridays between 11:00AM and 3:00PM we have staff meetings. We have other staff-involved meetings that change from week to week, depending on rotating employee schedules or urgent animal care details that need to be addressed. We have daily afternoon puppy play times, we have certain days that we have scheduled immunizations and removal of dew claws, we bathe dogs and puppies as needed.... I could go on and on, but all that is to ask for your patience if we do not immediately answer our phones. Please leave a message for us and we promise to get back to you as quickly as possible. Thanks!
- A secret Santa sent our kids a "Thank you for taking care of the puppies" gift (see above). Thank you for remembering our kids and how much hard work they do to care for puppies. It's not all fun and games, so they appreciate being appreciated!
- Important Pet Health Caution: We have been informed that rosemary extract is used in a lot of pet foods as a preservative. Rosemary extract is allegedly a neurotoxin that can cause seizures, neurological problems and anemia in pets. This extract is commonly used in pet foods labeled "all natural." There is no scientific research or definitive evidence linking rosemary extract to seizures and other health problems, but we shared that a client's 2 dogs were having seizures and when she stopped feeding them food with rosemary extract their seizures stopped (and that was almost 2 years ago). Since we posted this notice earlier in 2016, we have gotten about a dozen reports from both clients and non-clients regarding their pets' recovery from seizures after removing rosemary extract from their diets! For more information, you can read this article at "The Dog Press" and other information available online.
Our Adoption Process
- Whether you are merely making an inquiry or actually reserving a puppy in an upcoming litter, fill out our Puppy Preference Form (as a Word document, which we prefer) or our Puppy Preference Form (as a PDF document, if your are unable to use the Word format).
- Scan or take a photo of your completed puppy preference and a photo of your deposit check for $300 and send these to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your puppy is already born and in a litter available soon (or now), skip filling out the puppy preference form and take a photo of your $300 deposit check check and send that to email@example.com with a note stating exactly which gender and color puppy you want from which litter. Please include your contact information, such as mailing address, phone number(s) and email address.
- Your emailed deposit check holds your puppy for you for up to 10 days. To finalize a sale, please send the hard copies of your check and/or puppy preference form to us at Marble Mountain Kennels, P.O. Box 159, Greenview CA 96037. If we do not receive a hard copy of your check and reservation within 10 days of receiving your emailed photo version, we will remove your name from the litter or litters you selected.
- NOTE: Deposits are non-refundable, but can be transferred to a future litter if desired. (Deposits can be refunded, however, if the puppy you reserved in litter after litter does not materialize.)
Our prices are as follows, based on current demand for colors and genders:
- Black and yellow males are $1200.
- Chocolate and red males are $1400.
- Black and yellow females are $1400.
- Chocolate and red females are $1600.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get first or second pick of a litter? We get this question all the time, so please visit our "Frequently Asked Questions" page and scroll down to the section "How does MMK determine the picking order?" for more information.
- Our Guarantee & Policy: If your puppy does not materialize in your litter choices, you have the option of trying again on future litters or having your deposit refunded to you. If you have already adopted your puppy, deposits and payments are non-refundable, unless there is a serious health or behavior problem with your dog. In such cases, we must be informed within a specific time period. Please see our Guarantee, Reservations & Policy page for more information.
Marble Mountain Kennels Programs
BASIC OBEDIENCE "SUPER CITIZEN" TRAINING:
- "Kennel" which means go into and remain in a crate, onto a mat or pillow, or onto any designated place
- Crate Training (ability to sit quietly in a crate or other confined area, which is a first step in housebreaking, but NOT completed housebreaking)
- No jumping up
- No biting
- Not walking underfoot
- Heel (on & off leash) - IF PUPPY/DOG IS AT LEAST 4 MONTHS OLD (We find that the "heel" command is too negative for pups younger than 4 months of age.)
Find out more about training on our "TRAINING" page and view clips of training videos on our "VIDEOS" page. (If you scroll down to the bottom of the Videos page you can also view links to past litters of puppies for your viewing pleasure.)
GUN DOG TRAINING: Whether or not you have adopted a dog from our kennel, we can train your dog and offer varying levels of gun dog training. Please see our "Training Page" or talk with Pete for more information.
STUD SERVICE: We offer stud services for Banks (chocolate), Goliath (black), Josiah (yellow), Fisher (chocolate), and Yukon (chocolate). Please view our Stud Dog Breeding Sires page and call Pete at 530-598-1527 to discuss stud fees, canine dispositions, etc.
STARTED DOGS: We regret that we currently have no started dogs available as of January 2015. We are so back-logged on training client dogs that we might recommend that, in order for you to get a started dog from us, you should either 1) purchase a puppy from us and bring him/her back to us to train or 2) bring us your own personal dog for us to train. Regarding any possible future started dogs, keep checking back with us or email Pete at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCENT DETECTION: Unfortunately, we have temporarily suspended our canine scent detection training program until we can hire a new trainer. We're too busy training other dogs right now.
Have questions? Visit our FAQ Page.