Great Labs for Home & Field
Marble Mountain Kennels breeds for six specific traits:
1. Superior Intelligence
4. Natural Pointing Instinct
2. Terrific Personalities
5. Superb Looks
3. Outstanding Hunting Desire
6. Proven Pedigrees
MMKennels News Update 7/29/16
Thank you for visiting our website! Feel free to browse our "Frequently Asked Questions" page to see if we have already answered some of your questions. Visit us on Facebook, as well.
We took new photos and videos of puppies in Valdez', Shasta's, Trinity's and Kiana's litters on 7/25/16. You may view photos on our "Pictures" page and find links to YouTube videos on each individual litter page.
At last, we have a couple of females coming into heat, so they will be bred this week. Updates coming soon....
We're getting ready for our big trip down to Woodland this coming Saturday, when we will be transporting puppies from our Valdez, Shasta, Trinity, and Kiana litters. Pete and our daughter Lexi will be there to meet everyone.
We get a lot of questions about using leashes vs. harnesses, so we'll be answering that question in next month's blog. Look for it on our "Marble Mountain Kennels Blog" page.
We MAY currently have the following puppies available for adoption. Pete is sorting through deposits and reservations. You can call or email him to find out which puppies are still available (530-598-1527 or email@example.com):
- Go to our "Litters" page to see YouTube videos of puppies. Photos are on our "Pictures" page, as well. (Thanks to our kids and our neighbor's children for helping us out!)
- See videos taken 7/9/16 of Lexi training several client puppies on our "Videos" page.
- Planning on adopting a puppy over the fall or winter holidays? You might be in luck! We were hoping we would have more litters available in early fall, but our mama dogs are slow to come into heat this summer, so it's looking more like we will have litters available in late fall around November and December.
*Important Pet Health Caution: We have been informed that rosemary extract is used in a lot of pet foods as a preservative. Rosemary extract is allegedly a neurotoxin that can cause seizures, neurological problems and anemia in pets. This extract is commonly used in pet foods labeled "all natural." There is no scientific research or definitive evidence linking rosemary extract to seizures and other health problems, but a client's 2 dogs were having seizures and when she stopped feeding them food with rosemary extract their seizures stopped (and that was almost 2 years ago). For more information, you can read this article at "The Dog Press" and other information available online.
Our prices are as follows, based on current demand for colors and genders:
- Black and yellow males are $1200.
- Chocolate and red males are $1400.
- Black and yellow females are $1400.
- Chocolate and red females are $1600.
Our Adoption Process
- First Steps: Filling out our Puppy Preference Survey form has become one of the most important first steps in our adoption process. Whether or not you actually decide to send it to us, we believe you will find it helpful in your decision making process. Some people skip straight from that step to filling out a reservation form and sending it to us and that's fine. Others, after completing the "Puppy Preference Survey," either take a photo of it and email it to us or call us to discuss specific needs and preferences before choosing a litter.
- Next Steps: After filling out the "Puppy Preference Survey" and talking with us via either email or phone, you're probably ready to fill out the Reservation Form. Please make sure you are very clear as to what you want in a dog. Let us know whether or not you are a hunter and what type of hunter you are. Also indicate desirable personality traits of your dog, such as very calm, a dog with strong hunt drive, color, gender, etc. We also strongly encourage you to choose an additional backup litter to your first choice, just in case you don't get your puppy in the first litter. When you're ready to send us your $250 deposit (Checks are best.) and your reservation, please scan it or take a photo of it and send it to Pete at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE you send it to us via snail mail. This is important, because often two or three people will send us deposits on the same day and we need to keep a record of clients and their picking order...which leads to the next question...
- How can I get first or second pick of a litter? We get this question all the time, so please visit our "Frequently Asked Questions" page and scroll down to the section "How does MMK determine the picking order?" for more information.
- Our Guarantee & Policy: If your puppy does not materialize in your litter choices, you have the option of trying again on future litters or having your deposit refunded to you. If you have already adopted your puppy, deposits and payments are non-refundable, unless there is a serious health or behavior problem with your dog. In such cases, we must be informed within a specific time period. Please see our Guarantee, Reservations & Policy page for more information.
Marble Mountain Kennels Programs
BASIC OBEDIENCE TRAINING: Our "Super Citizen" puppy training program is growing in popularity. We like to recommend this 6-week "boot camp" for young pups so that you don't have the hassle of crate training or housebreaking your puppy from 8 weeks of age to 14 weeks of age. We crate train pups and teach basic manners, such as "sit," "sit/stay," "here," "kennel" (which means into or onto any designated surface, such as a crate, pillow, blanket, etc.), "off" (for not jumping up), and "down" for lie down. Find out more about training on our "TRAINING" page and view clips of training videos on our "VIDEOS" page. (If you scroll down to the bottom of the Videos page you can also view links to past litters of puppies for your viewing pleasure.)
GUN DOG TRAINING: Whether or not you have adopted a dog from our kennel, we can train your dog and offer varying levels of gun dog training. Please see our "Training Page" or talk with Pete for more information.
STUD SERVICE: We offer stud services for Banks (chocolate), Goliath (black), Josiah (yellow), Fisher (chocolate), and Yukon (chocolate). Please view our Stud Dog Breeding Sires page and call Pete at 530-598-1527 to discuss stud fees, canine dispositions, etc.
STARTED DOGS: We regret that we currently have no started dogs available as of January 2015. We are so back-logged on training client dogs that we might recommend that, in order for you to get a started dog from us, you should either 1) purchase a puppy from us and bring him/her back to us to train or 2) bring us your own personal dog for us to train. Regarding any possible future started dogs, keep checking back with us or email Pete at email@example.com.
SCENT DETECTION: Unfortunately, we have temporarily suspended our canine scent detection training program until we can hire a new trainer. We're just too busy training other dogs right now.
Have questions? Visit our FAQ Page.