Great Labs for Home & Field
Marble Mountain Kennels breeds for six specific traits:
- Superior Intelligence
- Terrific Personalities
- Outstanding Hunting Desire
- Natural Pointing Instinct
- Superb Looks
- Proven Pedigrees
Puppy (& Other) News Updates 3/30/15
- So much has been happening here at Marble Mountain Kennels, we can barely keep up with our website updates lately--and it's going to be a bit worse for the first two weeks of April, because Julie is out of town on a mother-daughter spring vacation. She will have no access to a computer and she won't be much help if you call her, because she relies heavily on her computer to anwer questions. So, all that to say please call Pete at 530-598-1527 if you have any questions. If you can't get a hold of him that way, you might have a better chance if you email him: email@example.com.
- As of 3/27/15, there are 2 PUPPIES STILL AVAILABLE from RUBY'S litter: 1 chocolate male & 1 yellow male, although we've gotten a few calls on each of them, so we hope they'll both be adopted soon!
- We're expecting several more litters this year, consisting of Lab pups of all three colors--yellow, black, chocolate, and even our very first red litter! Check out our "LITTERS" page for more information.
- Watch videos of some of our dogs-in-training on our "TRAINING" page.
- We have a form for you to fill out and send to us in addition to your Puppy Reservation form and deposit check. This form provides a more detailed means of communicating to us exactly what you're looking for in a dog so we can help you in your decision making process. Click on this link to our PDF Puppy Preference Survey form.
"Super Citizen" Basic Puppy Training!
This arm of our business has really been growing! We like to recommend our 6-week "Super Citizen" training for young pups so that you don't have the hassle of crate training or housebreaking your puppy right from 8 weeks of age to about 14 weeks of age. It can be noisy and you can lose a lot of sleep on your end, but we have a heated, insulated kennel where puppies-in-training can spend the night and "cry it out" without disturbing anyone (except each other). We get them to bed as late as possible at night and wake them up as early as possible to get them in the habit of making it through the night without soiling their crates. As they adjust to this housebreaking process, they can sleep for longer periods in their crates and be perfect (or at least almost perfect) by the time you take your puppy home. We teach other basic manners to pups, as well, such as "sit," "here," "kennel" (which means into or onto any designated surface, such as a crate, pillow, blanket, etc.), "off" (for not jumping up), and "down" for lie down. One key aspect of our training is that several members of our entire family often take turns training puppies on different days and for at least 2-4 times per day 5 days per week. We do this so dogs will easily adapt to taking commands from multiple handlers, including kids/teens. This means that, by the time you pick up your puppy, s/he should be ready to take commands from you readily, without hesitation. It has worked with numerous puppies and owners. You can view videos of puppy training on our "TRAINING" webpage. (Scroll down a ways to find the section on "Super Citizen" training.)
How do I pick out and reserve a puppy?
- That's the question of how our puppy picking process works is our #1 most frequently asked question. Here's a direct link to the detailed answered on our FAQ Page.
- Do you already know you want to reserve a puppy in a future litter? Cut to the chase by clicking over to our Printable Puppy Reservation & Policy Form.
Puppy Pricing: We list our prices on every litter page, but in general they are $1400 for females and $1300 for males. MMK always reserves first pick ($200 more) and second pick ($100 more) of each litter (male and female). Once all puppies are reserved of a gender, MMK often makes its puppies available to clients.
Our Stud Dog, Banks
- Our Puppies Support Charities: We have found over the years that when we donate a puppy to a charity auction, the pups are a big hit and there are smiles all around as puppy buyers and charities reap tremendous rewards. Our next charitable event is the Bay Area "Children's Health Guild" Masquerade Ball on May 31st, where two of our pups will be available for auction. To view some of the charities that have benefited from MMKennels donations, click on our About Our Kennel page and scroll down to the bottom. We thank you, our clients, for supporting our business and giving us the opportunity to help others in such a fun way!
- STUD SERVICE: Marble Mountain Kennels recently procured two new stud dogs to add to our three. We now own and are currently offering stud services for Banks (chocolate), Major (chocolate), Goliath (black), Josiah (yellow) and Lake (chocolate). Please view our Stud Dog Breeding Sires page and call Pete at 530-598-1527 to discuss stud fees, canine dispositions, etc.
- GUN DOG TRAINING: Whether or not you have adopted a dog from our kennel, we can train your dog and offer varying levels of gun dog training. Please see our "Training Page" or talk with Pete for more information. We're getting a lot more calls for training since the International Sportsman's Expo and we're able to take more dogs into our training program at this time. Please call Pete at 530-598-1527.
- STARTED DOGS: We regret that we currently have no started dogs available as of January 2015. We are so back-logged on training client dogs that we might recommend that, in order for you to get a started dog from us, you should either 1) purchase a puppy from us and bring him/her back to us to train or 2) bring us your own personal dog for us to train. Regarding any possible future started dogs, keep checking back with us or email Pete at firstname.lastname@example.org. See our Started Dogs Page to see if we might possibly have a started dog for sale.
- DETECTION: We currently have only 1 detection dog available. Her name is "Nicki" and she is a high-spirited, high-energy, high food drive "pound dog" that has been trained to detect bed bugs. Of course, she could also be trained by us to sniff out a different odor of your choice or she could be sold as a "green" dog for you to train. See our Marble Mountain Detection Dogs website for more information.
- Link to our GUARANTEE, RESERVATIONS & POLICY
Have questions? Visit our FAQ Page.