Great Labs for Home & Field
Marble Mountain Kennels breeds for six specific traits:
1. Superior Intelligence
4. Natural Pointing Instinct
2. Terrific Personalities
5. Superb Looks
3. Outstanding Hunting Desire
6. Proven Pedigrees
MMKennels News Update 4/28/16
Thank you for visiting our website! Feel free to browse our "Frequently Asked Questions" page to see if we have already answered some of your questions, but we welcome your emails and phone calls too. And please visit us on Facebook, as well.
- Ruby whelped her puppies on Thursday, April 21st. She has 6 chocolate puppies! See photos taken 4/27/16 on our "Pictures" page. (See puppy videos on the litter page.)
- Spring has sprung and our females have come into heat. New updates are on our "Litters" page.
- We removed the Rooster x Bella litter from our website. If you have a reservation in this litter, Pete will call you shortly--or you can call him first at 530-598-1527.
- A Note on Videos and Photographs: We like to provide at least a few photos and videos of your litter of pups, but we cannot guarantee that we'll post enough to make you all happy. (In fact, we know we can't.) Furthermore, we strongly discourage people from choosing a puppy based solely on pictures and videos. Videos and photos are for your viewing pleasure only. And, remember that no one chooses their puppies until adoption day, so there's no way for you to know which puppy is yours until that day. You cannot get a good idea of a puppy's true looks and temperament from a couple of video clips and photographs. But, all that to say we don't mind at all getting email reminders from folks who haven't seen videos or photos of their puppies in a couple of weeks or so. Sometimes we have the time to do this, but we simply forget and need to be reminded!
Our prices are as follows, based on demand for color and gender:
- Black and yellow males are $1200.
- Chocolate and red males are $1400.
- Black and yellow females are $1400.
- Chocolate and red females are $1600.
Our Adoption Process
- First Steps: Filling out our Puppy Preference Survey form has become one of the most important first steps in our adoption process. Whether or not you actually decide to send it to us, we believe you will find it helpful in your decision making process. Some people skip straight from that step to filling out a reservation form and sending it to us and that's fine. Others, after completing the "Puppy Preference Survey," either take a photo of it and email it to us or call us to discuss specific needs and preferences before choosing a litter.
- Next Steps: After filling out the "Puppy Preference Survey" and talking with us via either email or phone, you're probably ready to fill out the Reservation Form. Please make sure you are very clear as to what you want in a dog. Let us know whether or not you are a hunter and what type of hunter you are. Also indicate desirable personality traits of your dog, such as very calm, a dog with strong hunt drive, color, gender, etc. We also strongly encourage you to choose an additional backup litter to your first choice, just in case you don't get your puppy in the first litter. When you're ready to send us your $250 deposit (Checks are best.) and your reservation, please scan it or take a photo of it and send it to Pete at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE you send it to us via snail mail. This is important, because often two or three people will send us deposits on the same day and we need to keep a record of clients and their picking order...which leads to the next question...
- How can I get first or second pick of a litter? We get this question all the time, so please visit our "Frequently Asked Questions" page and scroll down to the section "How does MMK determine the picking order?" for more information.
- Our Guarantee & Policy: If your puppy does not materialize in your litter choices, you have the option of trying again on future litters or having your deposit refunded to you. If you have already adopted your puppy, deposits and payments are non-refundable, unless there is a serious health or behavior problem with your dog. In such cases, we must be informed within a specific time period. Please see our Guarantee, Reservations & Policy page for more information.
Marble Mountain Kennels Programs
BASIC OBEDIENCE TRAINING: Our "Super Citizen" puppy training program is growing in popularity. We like to recommend this 6-week "boot camp" for young pups so that you don't have the hassle of crate training or housebreaking your puppy from 8 weeks of age to 14 weeks of age. We crate train pups and teach basic manners, such as "sit," "sit/stay," "here," "kennel" (which means into or onto any designated surface, such as a crate, pillow, blanket, etc.), "off" (for not jumping up), and "down" for lie down. Find out more about training on our "TRAINING" page and view clips of training videos on our "VIDEOS" page. (If you scroll down to the bottom of the Videos page you can also view links to past litters of puppies for your viewing pleasure.)
GUN DOG TRAINING: Whether or not you have adopted a dog from our kennel, we can train your dog and offer varying levels of gun dog training. Please see our "Training Page" or talk with Pete for more information.
STUD SERVICE: We offer stud services for Banks (chocolate), Goliath (black), Josiah (yellow), Fisher (chocolate), and Yukon (chocolate). Please view our Stud Dog Breeding Sires page and call Pete at 530-598-1527 to discuss stud fees, canine dispositions, etc.
STARTED DOGS: We regret that we currently have no started dogs available as of January 2015. We are so back-logged on training client dogs that we might recommend that, in order for you to get a started dog from us, you should either 1) purchase a puppy from us and bring him/her back to us to train or 2) bring us your own personal dog for us to train. Regarding any possible future started dogs, keep checking back with us or email Pete at email@example.com.
SCENT DETECTION: Unfortunately, we have temporarily suspended our canine scent detection training program until we can hire a new trainer. We're just too busy training other dogs right now.
Have questions? Visit our FAQ Page.