Great Labs for Home & Field
Marble Mountain Kennels breeds for six specific traits:
1. Superior Intelligence
4. Natural Pointing Instinct
2. Terrific Personalities
5. Superb Looks
3. Outstanding Hunting Desire
6. Proven Pedigrees
MMKennels News Update 11/28/15
- Thank you for visiting our website! We welcome your emails and phone calls. Please also feel free to visit our FAQ page to see if we have already answered some of your questions.
- Christmas Puppies: If you are looking for a puppy for Christmas, we have 5 still available (barring any reservations that have come in over the past few days that we have not yet processed). There are 2 black males and 1 black female available available in our Joey x Missy litter. There are also 2 black female pups available for adoption in our "Banks x Shasta" litter.
- Newborn Puppies! Connie and Missy whelped their puppies on 11/11/15! See our Litter Page for details. See photos of the pups on our "Pictures Page." Connie's pups are sold, but there may be a few pups (black and yellow) available in our Missy litter. They will be ready to go home on December 26th (or possibly sooner, if you want a puppy for Christmas.)
- Photos: See photos of puppies (past and present) on our "Pictures Page."
- 2016 Puppies: We now have up on our website several litters planned for 2016, so please take a look at our Litter Page.
Our Adoption Process:
If you are thinking about adopting a Lab puppy, but are unsure of exactly what you want in a dog, please consider perusing our "Puppy Preference Survey
." Just click on this link, print out the document and take your time reading it over and filling it out. You don't necessarily have to send it to us, but it will help us with any future conversations we might have with you. As you're filling it out, look over our "Litters
" page to see which litter might best fit your desires and needs. When you're ready to discuss your preferences, please give us a call or email us. Finally, when you're ready to reserve a puppy, you can click on this Reservation Form
link, print it, fill it out, and send it to us with your $250 deposit check so we can reserve a puppy for you. Important Note:
Please make sure you are very clear on your reservation form as to what you want in a dog, i.e. very calm, a dog with strong hunt drive, color, gender, etc. Also, please choose an additional backup litter to your first choice, just in case you don't get your puppy in the first litter. (But also know that, if your puppy does not materialize in a litter, you have the option of having your deposit refunded to you.)
- Chocolate Puppy Availability: Chocolate puppies are our number one top seller and females usually sell faster than males (primarily due to their smaller size). As you will see on our "Litters" page, reservations for our chocolate pups (both male and female) are filling up fast for the remainder of this year, so more and more clients are being advised to make reservations for 2016 litters.
- FAQ... We've been getting these questions a lot lately: 1) Which is better--a female or male dog? 2) If I adopt two dogs, should they both be the same gender? 3) If I adopt two dogs, should they be from the same litter? 4) Which gender is easier to train, a male or female dog? These questions and more are answered on our "Frequently Asked Questions" page.
"Super Citizen" Basic Puppy Training!
Our "Super Citizen" puppy training program is growing in popularity. We like to recommend this 6-week "boot camp" for young pups so that you don't have the hassle of crate training or housebreaking your puppy from 8 weeks of age to 14 weeks of age. We crate train pups and teach basic manners, such as "sit," "sit/stay," "here," "kennel" (which means into or onto any designated surface, such as a crate, pillow, blanket, etc.), "off" (for not jumping up), and "down" for lie down. Find out more and view videos of training on our "TRAINING" page.
How do I pick out and reserve a puppy?
How our puppy picking process works is our #1 most frequently asked question. Here's a direct link to the detailed answer on our FAQ Page.
Do you already know you want to reserve a puppy in a future litter? Cut to the chase by clicking over to our Printable Puppy Reservation & Policy Form.
- Puppy Pricing: We list our prices on every litter page, but in general they are $1400 for females and $1300 for males. MMK always reserves first pick ($200 more) and second pick ($100 more) of each litter (male and female). Once all puppies are reserved of a gender, MMK often makes its puppies available to clients.
- STUD SERVICE: We offer stud services for Banks (chocolate), Goliath (black), Josiah (yellow), Fisher (chocolate), and Yukon (chocolate). Please view our Stud Dog Breeding Sires page and call Pete at 530-598-1527 to discuss stud fees, canine dispositions, etc.
- GUN DOG TRAINING: Whether or not you have adopted a dog from our kennel, we can train your dog and offer varying levels of gun dog training. Please see our "Training Page" or talk with Pete for more information.
STARTED DOGS: We regret that we currently have no started dogs available as of January 2015. We are so back-logged on training client dogs that we might recommend that, in order for you to get a started dog from us, you should either 1) purchase a puppy from us and bring him/her back to us to train or 2) bring us your own personal dog for us to train. Regarding any possible future started dogs, keep checking back with us or email Pete at email@example.com.
DETECTION: Unfortunately, we are temporarily suspending our detection dog training program until we can hire a new trainer. We're just too busy training other dogs right now.
Link to our GUARANTEE, RESERVATIONS & POLICY
Have questions? Visit our FAQ Page.